Thursday, May 13

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

I have one word for you.


This site is my brain away from home... or something like that. I have a terrible time keeping track of things on my own. Pretty much, if it doesn't get written down, it doesn't get remembered. I started my shelfari account two years ago and it has been a literary lifesaver.

I can easily organize all the books I've read, all the books I'm reading, and all the books I plan to read. It automatically suggests other books I might enjoy and gives me a place to connect with other bookaholics like myself. With a mere click of my mouse I have access to critics' reviews, friends' reviews, and synopses. I can have well thought out discussions and be inspired to read something I wouldn't normally try. (Play Book Tag is awesome!)

If you've never checked out this site go now. If you have and would like to be my friend leave me your screen name in a comment so I can add you!

5 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I like it so much better than Goodreads, but I do both to keep up with all my friends. ;)

Violet said...

Love Shelfari & Goodreads! I feel like my life before Shelfari was a never-ending collection of scraps of paper with book recommendations on them. Little notes scrawled on the backs of envelopes, junk mail, & old receipts littered my purse and my desk. It is hard to describe the awesomeness of having all of that info sorted into one (pretty) place. Love it! I am trying to be a bit better at keeping both Shelfari and Goodreads updated (on my "TheEagerReaders" accounts at least).

P.S. Can't wait to see pics of your Olivia costume, Kayla! :)

Shauna said...

Shelfari is wonderful! I've even just started an account for my 6yo so I can keep track of the books he's read and listened to!

Shauna said...

Also, I second Violet's request for Olivia pictures!!!

Kayla said...

Ladies, your wish is my command! :)